Last Updated October 19, 2010
THE DATA WE COLLECT
When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When we use the term "Other Information", we mean any information other than Personal Information collected by the Services, such as the number of times a Service is launched per day and the duration of each Service session. (Personal Information and Other Information, together, the "Information"). Other Information is not tied to Personal Information.
We may collect personal information at several places in the Services, including without limitation, during Account registration, to access certain features, and when entering a competition. In the course of entering competitions, promotions and other offers you will be asked to give some details about yourself such as your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number and date of birth. Additional Information may be requested depending on the specific Promotion, but submission of such Information may be optional. The Promotion's entry page and/or Rules will provide the specific requirements. If you choose to e-mail us or otherwise contact us, that would also give us information about you.
WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD. If you receive such an email, please forward it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
WHAT WE DO WITH THIS DATA
When you register for Dokogeo Services you provide Personal Information that we use to establish and maintain your account and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users. We may also use Personal Information for the following reasons, including without limitation, for:
- Contacting you regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any Promotions you have participated in or have entered, or any other transactions you have undertaken with the Services
- Responding to your questions or other requests
- Contacting you regarding your use of the Services, for informational purposes related to the Services or, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Services's policies
- Improving the Services or our services and for internal business purposes
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you use the Services
- Saving your User ID or other Personal Information, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you use the Services
- Otherwise to maintain and administer the Services; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Personal Information.
We use aggregate audience details (where no individual is identifiable) to help us improve the Services and our understanding of our users and their preferences. We may also use Other Information for the following reasons, including without limitation, for:
- Counting the number of times you use the Services
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity
- Determining which features and services users like best to, among other things, help us operate the Services and enhance and improve our Services
- Preparing statistics reports
- Saving certain Other Information for your use on return visits to the Services
- Otherwise maintaining and administering the Services
- For the uses described for "Personal Information" above; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Other Information.
We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. Dokogeo may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze Information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS DATA
In general, it is not Dokogeo's practice to sell or otherwise voluntarily provide Information we collect about you or your Service usage to third parties. However, we may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities
- Comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order; or
Protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Information. However, regardless of our efforts and the Device you use to access the Services, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We limit access to the Services by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for the activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Services under your user name (whether used by you or any others who use your user name), unless and until you notify us that your user name may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Services if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user's Account or any services, features or functions.
Dokogeo is in no way responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information, including Personal Information, that you disclose or receive through Dokogeo Services, and you should assume that any disclosure you make in these venues will be available publicly, even without your knowledge or authorization.
Copyright © 2010 Dokogeo - All Rights Reserved.